Saturday, October 31, 2009

October W'ink

W’ink Card Club came around a little sooner than I was expecting, not that I minded much. I was excited to pack-up my little toolbox and head out to Sharon’s (especially since some of us in the club have started to carpool). We got to make three different cards utilizing three very different techniques:


I love this card; I love everything about this card! First of all, stamping with bleach is so cool; it is like a mini magic trick right in front of your eyes. Secondly, I am not a big “tree stamp” fan, but I fell in love with this set and had to buy it (granted this took about a week for me to make this decision…the buying part, not the loving it part); I can’t wait for it to arrive. Thirdly, what a amazing color combo: Soft Suede and Mellow Moss; if Sharon wasn’t thinking of me when she decided on it, then I don’t know how she did it…I love it! Lastly, (this may be a little difficult to explain) the “all over the place”-ness of the card. Sharon explained that she used four different stamp sets to create this card; I love this about her. She doesn’t just create from one set; she has such a keen skill for putting different stamps and textures together to create a cohesive project.



I had a difficult time with this new technique. I don’t know what I was expecting, but I suppose I thought there would be more to the technique. I like the way it looks in the end, but I am not so sure that “stained glass” would be a way I would describe it. Like I said, I like the way it looks, but it doesn’t look like stained glass (well, at least I don’t think it does…maybe I am a bit off).
Christmas Tree pop-up.



If you have been following my blog (thank you, by the way), then you already know that I love cards with movement or something special about them; this card is exactly that. A nice card transforms into a paper paradise. I didn’t want to take the time during club to decorate the tree (and I haven’t even done it yet), but am looking forward to adding my own touch to it.

It was a great time…as always.
(W'ink this month came with a challenge...click here to see what it was and what I submitted)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, love Pop-Up cards, or things that move, so I love this Christmas Tree you've made. Do you have a template/tutorial posted anywhere, or a link so I can learn how to make one? Thanks for showing it!!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete