Wednesday, October 28, 2009

True Confessions

Hello, my name is Nichole and I enjoy handwriting.

Whew…I feel a little better. This has not always been the case, though. I have to admit, growing up I did not have the best handwriting; I went through an awkward phase, a really really small phase, a very very big phase, and (what seems like) everything in between. I have found over the past several years that in my “I should be paying attention to whomever is speaking, but I cannot focus on him/her” moments (or two or six), I write my name…over and over again in various fonts. It has a very teenage-girl-crush-esque feel to it (even though I am married, I call my husband my boyfriend sometimes since he still tries to “win me over”), but oh well.

Ever since my “boyfriend” bought me my CraftROBO, I have not utilized my handwriting talent in my scrapbook as much since I have such a wide selection of fonts from which to choose on the computer. I miss it.

Anyway, I was cruising down the internet superhighway and ended up on Monica’s site, Giddy Greetings. She was talking about how it was her one year blogoversary (I can't believe she has only had it for a year; she it is so full of creative and interesting projects). As such, she is giving away some blog candy: a Sizzix die of the months of the year with a coordinating picture:

I wasn’t going to “enter” her contest, but the more I looked at the die the more it reminded me of my quirky habit. Thanks, Monica, for conjuring up those memories. I would love to “type” more, but I am having a sudden craving for a piece of paper, a pen, and my name written several dozen times.

“Write” more to ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe my blog is a year old? Time flies! It is funny how we lose site of things we used to do like writing. I remember sitting at school writing down my name over and over again too. If you saw my signature you would laugh as it is one I came up with when I was in High school. Everytime I sign my name I always remember the day I was sitting in my earth science class and said, hey this would be a cool signature. Kept it ever since then. Thank you for your story and for entering my candy giveaway.

    ReplyDelete