Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ode to All Natural

During one of my “cleaning” spells in my office, I located these two cards which I thought were great depictions of how a card doesn’t have to be filled with bows, flowers, or “cutsie-ness.”

This is a thank you card from my mother, Susan. She and my father joined myself, my husband, and our two girls (ok, technically they are our two dogs, but as any of you who have dogs know: they are just like kids) in the Pecos Forest for a quiet and relaxing weekend. I think she must have used at least four different sets, but they all work well together and create a natural and creative card.
This a Christmas card from Sharon. What is more fitting than a pine bough with some strategically place cones? I love the simplicity of this mini note card and its use of negative space. Sharon’s well edited and reserved eye is so well exemplified in this card.

I love them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment