Tuesday, October 05, 2010

This One's for You...

At the end of the day, I really like this card. Have you been in the process of making a card/project and thought, "this is not looking well at all," but when it is all finished you think, "I really like the way this looks"? Case and point: this card. It was a tough challenge for me for my Card Club: masculine birthday with no ribbon, buttons, brads, etc...now those are all my favorites...what was I to do? Click on the picture to see what else I thought.

So, what do I specifically like about this card? I love the heat embossing - I am utilizing this technique more and more and the more I use it the less cumbersome it seems. I also love the colors: Soft Suede...I can't say it enough: LOVE IT! I think it serves as a nice back-drop to the crispness of the celery, navy, and pale blue. Finally, I really like the shape of this card: it was a first for me, but since using it here, I have enjoyed playing with rounding only some of the corners of a card/project: sometimes just one...sometimes all but one...whatever I feel like doing at that time.

Why, you may be wondering, a masculine birthday card right after New Year's? I am glad you asked: the beginning of February is my wonderful husband's birthday; this one's for you babe (the post...not the card)!

No comments:

Post a Comment