Monday, August 31, 2009

“The French Chef” Experience

I have been meaning to write about “Julie & Julia” which I went and saw last week with my sister-in-law, her mother, and a friend of ours. I thought the movie was really good; I have not read the book (nor the blog at that point), so I had nothing to which to compare it. I had read Julia Child’s book “My Life in France” which helped me enjoy the “Julia” side of the movie a bit more than the “Julie” side (a stand-up performance by Meryl Streep didn’t hurt either).

The four of us treated ourselves to a french dinner beforehand at Chez Axel (which was also very good) to catch up and discuss what we had heard/knew about the movie. All in all, it was a wonderful evening: good food, good movie, and fantastic company.

Thanks ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Besides paper crafting, I love cooking. When I saw the trailer for this movie, I knew that I had to see it with girl friends and not my husband. I will be at the movies soon to view it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see this movie too if it's more focused on the cooking project than the book. I loved reading "My Lif In France", but honestly I disliked the book "Julie and Julia". There was just too much derogatory political references and too much info about her friend's relationships that I found distracting and distasteful. I'm hoping the movie has all that toned down to appeal to a wider audience. LOVE all your cards you've posted below - you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete