Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I contradict myself


So, if you ask people who know me, I think they would say that I am a bit of a “girly-girl,” which is just fine. True: I enjoy wearing skirts (rarely wear pants/shorts), often have a bow in my hair (I “tie a good bow”), and don’t particularly like to get sweaty or dirty. Although, deep down I don’t see myself as a true girly-girl; I think this is evident as I look through my creative projects: they are mostly, geometric, classical, earthy, bold, or various other types, but rarely are they “sugar and spice and everything nice.”

I saw another challenge as I was browsing different blogs and sites: Charisma Cardz Challenge. The challenge was a color challenge using lemon, pink, and green. Thinking back on previous projects, I would normally use a deep mustard, dark mauve, and a hunter green, but saw this as a true challenge to my taste…so I jumped on it. I think it turned out pretty well, but I cannot see how/when I would ever use it. Any ideas?

Recipe: Flower Fancy and So Many Sayings stamp sets, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Certainly Celery classic ink, Pretty in Pink and Ultrasmooth White card stock, Petals and Paisleys Designer Series paper, Pretty in Pink Stamp ‘n’ Write marker, wide pink ribbon, and dimensional spots.

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty card, I love the big flower. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. Love the simplicity. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send it to your Mom for Mother's Day. I love looking at all your cards. You have such a great talent.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is adorable, I luv the flower!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw this color challenge I was at a complete loss. I love what you have done! The colors and flower! WOW! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete