Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Ode to In Trend Colors

I enjoy seeing Stampin’ Up!’s new In Trend colors each new year, however I am a little disappointed in this year’s selection. Don’t get me wrong, I think that they are wonderful colors, but I think they are a little too similar to some of their current colors. The shining beacon in the new colors, in my opinion, is Soft Suede…I love it, love it, love it! I may need to stock up on it toward the end of the year in order to always have some on hand.

I took the OCC challenge this week and decided to dive in and embrace these new colors (the challenge was to make a card with the new In Trend colors). Well, I cheated a little: I did use the Soft Suede, but used my “close enough matches” to mimic the Dusty Durango and Crushed Curry. I hope you like it (sorry about the glare).

Recipe: Good Things Grow and All Natural stamp sets, Soft Suede classic and Whisper White craft ink, Soft Suede and Really Rust card stock, More Mustard patterned paper, Soft Suede designer ribbon, More Mustard Stampin’ Pastels, sponge daubers, and ¼” and ½” square punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment