Wednesday, September 02, 2009

She is so talented




I want to begin this entry by saying that I know so many talented crafters. I love getting cards and/or handmade gifts from them as they always brighten my day and later inspire me to make my own.

One of these talented crafters is my sister, Rachel. Her cards are so beautiful; she has a great skill of combining colors, textures, and images to create mini works of art. I find any opportunity to get my hands on her cards. I was having a difficult day and knew that one of her cards would be the only thing which could pull me out of my funk, so I called her. I asked her if I sent her a group of cards which I made, then would she send me a handful of cards she made.

She agreed!

I was excited and the funk I was in seemed to go away. So, off I went making cards: I pulled a group of paper and a stamp set and went to town. It was a lesson in creativity for me (I tried to limit my supplies to a small group to see how many different cards I could make with just a few items). I think they turned out pretty well…a few I used on previous cards I have posted. If you haven’t tried to do this yourself, then you should…it is a lot of fun.

Basic Supplies: Not Quite Navy, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White cardstock (both sold and patteren), classic ink, and markers.

Other Supplies: paper crimper, stamp-a-ma-jig, corner punch, scallop edge punch, large grommets, spiral clips, Aqua Painter, wide brown satin ribbon, Antique Brass hardware, Oval All stamp set, and dimensional spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment