Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another Keeper

I had a few extra moments this morning, so I decided to catch-up on all of my bookmarked craft blogs and contests. I looked and found so many neat projects. I have come to expect them from this group since the work they do is typically top notch. On the Stamping 411 challenge blog there was a new sketch challenge (no big deal…I knew there would be), so I looked at the DT examples. For some reason, I decided to look at the projects that people have posted and was lead to a project that blew me away on so many levels.

One card was made by Jennie Maier; I like it: she used several layers on her project (which you know I am a big advocate of layers) so that caught my eye. And since I did have a few extra moments, I decided to look over not only this one project, but her entire blog Jennie M’s Stampin Spot. As I scrolled down the scroll wheel on my mouse was paralyzed when I got to her post MojoMonday Brightness. Holy Cow! For me, this card is fantastic…on so many levels:

Designer Series Paper: Stampin’ Up!’s patterned paper has to be one of my favorite things about SU. It is of such good quality and I love the way the colors coordinate with their selection of solid paper and accessories. I know some people who view this as just a product they can use for scrapbooking, but as this card shows, they are a great addition to any card (or other craft project) as well.

Circle Circus: If you follow my blog, then you already know, “I love Circle Circus!” This card uses one of my favorites of the circles: I call it the honeycomb circle stamp. I think it is amazing how this one set (a bunch of decorated circles) is so versatile. I also love the layering of the large scallop circle from the set, too…see, that is a two for one for me.

Colors: I know I have said that the new SU In-Trend Colors are not my favorite this year, but that is just because I feel they are a bit too much like some of their current colors. But the reason I love the colors in this card so much is their ease on the eye. Since the colors are found adjacent to each other on the color wheel they are viewed as being softer together. They remind me of a sunset on this card.

Sketch: So I saw the Mojo Monday challenge the beginning of the week and have been mulling over it all week long, but was having a difficult time trying to put an idea together. When I saw how this card came together with the sketch I was amazed. Sometimes I feel that I need to alter the sketch slightly in order for it to fit with my taste and idea, but I love how this direct interpretation of it turned out so magnificently.

Thanks, Jennie, for sharing this amazing card with me (and everyone else). I have added your blog to my list of top notch blogs and look forward to seeing more of your amazing creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment