Sunday, September 27, 2009

I still think it is too early…



I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, “It is too early to be making Christmas/Winter/Holiday cards!” However, being a true sport for my Card Club, I made this card since the theme was exactly that…Christmas/Winter/Holiday. Even when it is time for me to make some holiday cards (which usually does not exceed ten or so), then I try to stay away from the typical “holiday colors” and try to mix it up a bit.

There are so many things I love about this card: I love the way the purple and green work together: the juxtaposition of the dark purple and black against the white and pale green (in my opinion) is classic. I love all of the layers…the more the better; I think these bring a sense of depth to the card. I love the way it sparkles; through the use of silver ink, brads, and cord the card bounces the light around (the picture does not do it justice). I love the way it opens…well, swings open; I have never tried this type of opening before and was curious to see how well it would work.

Recipe: Season of Joy and Little Pieces stamp sets, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, Mellow Moss, and Winter White card stock, Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant, and Mellow Moss classic ink, silver encore pad, silver brads, silver cord, and dimensional spots.

1 comment:

  1. Still one of my favorites. I can't bare to give it away!

    ReplyDelete