Thursday, September 24, 2009

A Creepy Treat!

I saw this template in a magazine as well as on several other crafters’ blogs and thought I would try it myself (I’m sending it to my sister…I think she will like it). The main part of the hat is a triangle “box,” the brim is added, and the entire “hat” is decorated like a witch’s hat…ok…a really girly witch’s hat.

What I like about the triangle box most is that you can make it any size you want…easily. The size I made was from a 6”x12” piece of paper, which gave it a more square-like dimension, but a narrower piece (like 3”x12”) would give it more of a spiked shape hat (like those worn in the renaissance by “damsels in distress”). I think the possibilities with this template are so vast…I can’t wait to mess around with different sizes, uses, and patterns.

I hope you like it.

Recipe: Certainly Celery card stock, Cast-a-Spell Designer Series paper, circle scallop punch, 1½”, ½”, and ¼” circle punches, flower punch, tri-flower punch, wide celery grosgrain ribbon, black classic ink, sponge, dimensional spots, and box template.

No comments:

Post a Comment