Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Happy Halloween

I needed to make a card for my card club this month; the theme was fall/Halloween. I have been wanting to learn how to make a waterfall card for so long (I have received a few and LOVE them), but never had the time. I made an opportunity for myself and watched about a dozen different tutorials on how to make them and decided to give it a go…and it worked!

So, on to this card…it was a definite “process” for sure. I made them all (I needed to make eight for the swap) and they looked cute…”looked” being past tense because the originals did not make it to the swap. Don’t get me wrong, I thought they were great. A couple weeks after I completed them I attended my W’ink stamp club and learned a chalkboard technique; as was making the class project I was thinking how it would work perfectly on my Halloween waterfall cards. Great…as if I didn’t have enough to do! When I got home I looked at my cards and thought of the easiest way to alter them to include the chalkboard technique. All I needed to do was change the four squares on the front of each waterfall panel; ok, not too difficult. So, I did and love the way it finally turned out! (As a side note, my card was voted the best of the group. I was so surprised because there were several, I thought, which were better. Thanks ladies!)

Recipe: Circle Circus stamp set, Vintage Violet, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, So Saffron, Old Olive, and Whisper White card stock, Halloween patterned paper, Whisper White craft ink, black and white pastels, ¾” and 1 ¼” circle punches, Vintage Violet ribbon, and staples.

No comments:

Post a Comment