Saturday, September 19, 2009

Just a box


For W’ink this month we needed to create a box, pouch, or envelope (the template was chosen at last month’s meeting) and decorate it however we liked. Selecting the box was the easy part for me, but I could not think of how to decorate it. I knew I wanted to try something new, so I created the brick-like pattern around the edge with black ribbon and lots (and lots and lots) of small cuts with my craft blade; the colors coordinate with the colors of my office. It remained in this stage for most of the month until I decided that I liked the way it looked with only this added, but I did think it needed a bit of brightness. I added the white and black daisies (my favorite flower), one to each side, to still keep it simple, but adding a bit extra. I think it turned out pretty nicely.
Click here to see all of the submissions, posted on Sharon's blog.

Recipe: Brocade Blue, Whisper White, and Basic Black card stock, black narrow grosgrain ribbon, circle scallop punch, tri-flower punch, and the box template.

No comments:

Post a Comment