Monday, September 21, 2009

Goodies for me!

If you have been following my blog (and if so, thanks so much…I hope you like it) then you might remember that I have been waiting for a package from my sister, Rachel, which would surely brighten my day. It arrived late last week and there were so many cute cards in it; so much so, that I wanted to share some of them with you.


“Mom” and “Dad” cards: First of all, I think she knows how much I love this blue color (Bordering Blue by Stampin’ Up!), so that makes these an instant hit for me. But, I love the two images so much: what young girl doesn’t like to play dress-up in “big girl” clothes and how cute is this little bear? Love them to death.


Halloween series: She sent me several Halloween cards from a series she made: each had a mummy, cat, and witch with a fence background, but then she utilized some 3-D stickers to add a bit extra (the scarecrow on one and the tombstone on the other). Others included pumpkins, cats, witches, etc. They are all way cute.


Baby series: I think these are the one of the best examples of what she does: simple, yet elegant. She sent me this baby card in several different colors (Apricot Appeal and Certainly Celery shown), but I love the way the black helps to pop the image. She used her cuttle-bug embossing plate for the background and then the cutest hand print with a simple sentiment…wonderful. Look out if you are having a baby…you may get one of these from me.

Overall…I was so happy when I got her package: I love sitting in a comfy chair and opening it all by myself; it is sort of like an un-birthday present. Thanks, Rach, for a wonderful pick-me-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment