Sunday, December 06, 2009

November W’ink

Each month there is more and more to learn and do at our W’ink Club Meetings. This month was no exception; Sharon pulled out all of the stops and spoiled each of us way too much (thanks, Sharon…you are so generous).

We made two cards and one exciting project for the upcoming holidays:
Cracked Glass

This technique takes layering to a whole different meaning; not only can you do it with paper and accents, but you can also do it with embossing powder, which is what helps to make the cracked glass technique so successful. After lots of layers and lots of heat, followed by a nice cool-down in the freezer (mine chilled out on a Heath Klondike bar…mmmmm), I was able to go crazy with the cracking. I think this is the only good kind of cracking glass there is. A little rub with some ink and it was good to go.

A little bit of everything

I so enjoy seeing all the different cards and projects we make in club, but this card is one of my favorites; it has all the things I love: layers, pretty paper, ribbon, sparkle, black/white color combo, and embossing. I do not think I have ever made a “Happy New Year” card before, but after making this I think I may try to change that in the future.

A little sparkle for the tree


For our project this month, we customized some clear glass ball ornaments with shimmer paint and our choice of ink colors. It took a bit of time, but they turned out beautifully. As the colors dried and the glitter was added, each ornament sparkled and dazzled – each unique, but spectacular just the same.

We don’t have another official W’ink meeting until February; I am going to miss it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the ornaments! I did them one year but I made a big mess (as usual) so I stay away from them now :)

    ReplyDelete