Saturday, December 05, 2009

Quiet time in the morning

It has been a while since I have posted a creation for a challenge, so I thought I would take a little bit of time to do one this morning before my husband wakes up. I went to all of my favorite challenge blogs, but decided to check one more place. I went to Card & Scrap Sketches to see what the new sketch was; I decided to make a card with this sketch in stead.

So, this has happened with clothes, food, and even television, but it rarely happens to me with stamps. I had an idea in my mind about this sketch and I went to my supplies to find what I needed. I looked through each set and thought, “I can’t find anything I need,” even though I have a plethora of images from which to choose. I knew I wanted to use the grass image from the Asian Artistry set (I got a thank you card from Sharon with this image on it and I fell in love with it), but I was having a difficult time finding the right image for the lower part of the sketch. I decided to alter it a bit and use a saying instead…I hope that is ok, Monica.

I hope you like it; I like the way the sparkle on the three wild flowers picks-up on the bit of sparkle in the ribbon. It feels like a little bit of Spring in the middle of the cold Winter (actually, I don’t think it is officially winter yet…oh well).

Recipe: Asian Artistry and Friendship Flowers stamp sets, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White card stock, Perfect Plum and Sahara Sand classic ink, Pale Plum Stampin’ Write Marker, dazzling diamonds, and narrow white organdy ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. Your card came out fabulous! Don't worry about changing the sketch, they are just there to help you get inspired. I'm glad that one of them did. You did a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete