Saturday, December 05, 2009

A new spin on an old favorite

Can you remember back to a previous post of mine raving about some adorable Halloween treat bags decorated with the Stampin’ Up! Big Shot Top Note and punches? I was blown away by them…super adorable. After visiting Gretchen’s blog multiple times a day to look at them (and after attempting my own version of them) I thought, “Wouldn’t it be adorable if I could make some for Christmas?” Then it happened: the clouds parted, the light shone down, and a miracle occurred: CHRISTMAS GIFT BAGS WITH THE TOP NOTE AND PUNCHES!!!

I was on top of a cloud. I immediately sent Terri an e-mail stating that I found them…she seemed to get as excited as I was about them (if this was even possible). I want to start by saying that I think Gretchen is amazing with the creations she makes, both the treat bag and her many other projects. As I looked at her bags and then looked around “crafting-blog-ville,” I saw so many versions of these bags. I took them all into consideration and nailed down one of my own.




It was Halloween night and I was able to complete my faces between Trick-or-Treaters. After I finished I just lined them all up and looked at them; I was so happy with all of them. Even now, I love to look at them. I have given up on choosing a favorite because each day it changes. Which is your favorite?

Thank you to everyone who has created their own version of these; I love seeing how new ideas and projects get re-interpreted by different people around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment