Friday, December 04, 2009

There was something odd, though…

I came home from work and found in the mailbox not only an envelope from my sister, but also one from my mother. Since it was a bit before Thanksgiving, I knew right away that the one from my mother was a Thanksgiving card, so I opened it and saw the creative card she made (left). Feeling upbeat after that unveiling, I opened the package from my sister and found a Thanksgiving card from her; it was exactly what I liked: layers, colors, and layout…a hat trick of creativity (right). There was something odd though…something vaguely familiar about her card, but what could it be. I looked again at my mother’s card and then it hit me…can you figure it out?


Both my mother and my sister used the same stamp in their cards. The image in my mother’s card is a bit smaller and used as an accent whereas in my sister’s card, it is the star of the show. I sat there just looking at the two of them, back and forth, mesmerized at how different the same stamp looked in each card. Each card is so much characteristic of it’s maker, but still so different.

Wow…

No comments:

Post a Comment