Sunday, January 10, 2010

An oversight…

I enjoy so many aspects of my office: the color, the convenience, and so much more. I always overlook one aspect of it even though it is usually a favorite among those who visit: my window valence. It is so difficult to find the perfect valence (or drapery of any kind), so be search went on and on without any success. I was getting so frustrated. Three wall of my office are painted a dusty blue color, leaving the fourth (the wall containing the window) white; I don’t think I was being too picky in my search for an adequate detail, but I suppose I was. What was I to do? I decided to “take a break” from it for a while; if I saw something, then ok, but I was not going to actively look for anything.

I was walking through a store and ended up in the wrapping section: wrapping paper, bows, ribbon, and gift bags. To bags caught my eye; there was a black velvet-like bag with a white bow and a bag with black and grey polka dots. I snatched them right up and knew exactly how they would work. After I got home, and a few clear push pins and a stool later, I had a valence.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment