Saturday, March 27, 2010

Not just another cupcake…

Our challenge for February’s Card Club was to make “anything but a card.” It took me weeks to figure out what I wanted to make and still, that was a long shot. I really could not think of anything. Actually, that is not true: I thought of many things, but nothing of which I wanted to make nine to swap. I started surfing the crafting super-highway and came upon a string of posts: one lead to another who referenced another who got her idea from someone else…and on…and on…and on – each tweaking or adding something to make her cupcake unique. By the time I got to it, it was a container which held treats (as is my cupcake), but the top was wrapped with twisted paper to simulate piped icing. I decided to, instead, cover the top with some white fleece I had and then add a red cherry to the top (some cherries were brads covered with red mulberry paper where others where clear buttons backed with the same red mulberry paper). I think they turned out so cute…almost like real cupcakes.
(I placed all of the different cupcakes in my cupcake holder...
I thought it was absolutely adorable!)

Granted, I fell in love with my cupcakes and hoped that everyone at club would too. I was so surprised and the different types of items created for the swap. Check out Anne’s blog to see all the different items. Which is your favorite? Let me know and after a bit I will post what mine is.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I like this much better than the milk jug! I can see a lot more uses for the cupcake. They look so adorable on the cupcake stand! Great job! If any happen to fall of the stand and need a good home, I will take are of it! I will have to keep this in mind for party favors for the girls birthday parties! Great job!

    ReplyDelete