Saturday, October 09, 2010

On more of a Springtime note:

How exciting is this? We have made it to Easter in our trip down memory lane. One doesn't see many non-Easter Bunny Easter cards circulating out there; lucky for me, I have one of my own. Again, this is from my sister, Rachel, and I just love it! As I mentioned before, it is as though this card was made just for me because it utilizes so many of my favorite techniques:

Color: So Saffron (oh, I just love it, love it, love it), moss, black, and white. As a "yellow fan," this pairing helps to show the lightness of the yellow without it being too overpowering.

Texture: Embossing is such a simple way to add depth and dimention to any project and I just love the way the flower pattern offsets the sharp edges of this card.

Accents: It doesn't take much, but just a few brads helps to both ground the front of this card and add a little extra touch to elevate it to the next level.

Simple: The best projects always are; I don't mean "simple" in easy, but as in clean and uncluttered. I enjoy the simple and straightforward saying, the reservation used in the tulips, and the overall crispness of the card.

I love it all. Thanks for this "just for me" card, Rach.

No comments:

Post a Comment