Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Spring is in the air...

I have a very large Mulberry tree in my front yard which means I know exactly when it is Spring; I get to be woken up by the "lovely" sound of birds chirping! All joking aside, I do love the sprintime: lighter coats, sunnier days, and the possibility of open-toed shoes. And ot make it even better, Spring brings the arrival of my favorite flower: the daisy. It is true - dasies come in all sorts of colors, sizes, and types, but my favorite is the "vanilla" version: the simple, basic, "Plain Jane," white daisy. Give me a yellow center with long white petals and I am in heaven.


I was so excited when I got to make this daisy card in my Stampede Card Club. It utilizes a custom debossed daisy pattern which is accented by a little sponging (daisies and sponging...I am in heaven)! Click on the card to see how Sharon, the designer, describes this project.


The other card features another sprintime flower: the tulip. I think this card is a double-spring-wammie since the tulip is formed by utilizing a wing from a bird punch - see, double springtime! Click on the card to learn more about this card.

No comments:

Post a Comment