Thursday, July 07, 2011

The "Vacation" is Over

If this is the first time you have visited my blog, then Welcome and a big Thanks for taking the time. If you have visited before, then Welcome Back!

After an overly extended break from blogging (and, unfortunately, paper crafting as well), I am glad to say that I am making time again to do what I love: creating and sharing with friends.

What better way to get back in the swing of things than with a crafting challenge? I can’t think of any. However, Sarah over at Our Creative Corner had a different idea in mind. Instead of their scheduled challenge, this time around they sent out a call to fill open Design Team positions. The only stipulation: make it your style!

How am I to take all that I love about crafting and deliver it in a single entry? Well, it took a little time (and much ink on my fingers), but I think I have it right. I definitely gravitate toward beautiful paper, inventive and unique punches, and accents which add just the right extra touch – I think this card brings them all together. The layout is fairly basic (another signature aspect of my crafting), but the various components help elevate the overall card: punches “fused” with paper utilizing the Perfect Polka-dots embossing folder, layering of different patterns and textures, sponging (if you have followed my blog, then you know that I LOVE TO SPONGE) to offset the edges, and buttons, pearls and thread to take it over the top.

If you have a few extra moments, browse through some of my past posts and let me know what you think of my previous projects.

Thanks for stopping by.
I’ll be back soon!

Recipe: Say it with Scallops! Stamp set; Natural and Early Espresso cardstock; Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper; Early Espresso and Marina Mist classic ink; Boho Flowers, Perfect Petals, Blossom Petal, 1¼“ Square, and Scallop Square punches; Basic Jewels – Pearls; Subtles and Neutrals buttons; Linen thread; Cuddlebug and Perfect Polka-dot embossing folder; sponge; stampin’ dimentionals; mini glue dots.

3 comments:

  1. I love the denim blue color, the dimensional dots on the left and the cute pearl flowers on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! It's always fun to get back into creating and you've done it well! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC! Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nichole, I love all the layers and the texture! What a fabulous take on the DSP! Very creative! and thank you for your entry in the DT call over @ OCC. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete