Friday, July 08, 2011

A First Attempt

If you have been around the “crafting” block, then you have seen that ribbon scrunching (well, I’m calling it that – there may be a more technical name for it out there) is just about everywhere. I hadn’t tried it before, so here is my first attempt – how’d I do? I can say one thing: it is a lot more difficult than it looks (especially if you are as meticulous as I am about it being “just right”…).

What else do I like about this card? The accents on the animals (shocker, right?). I saw similar cards floating around cyber-crafting-space and thought they were cute, but flat (and I mean that in the best possible way). I was sorting through some of my accessories, to fill my new Stampin’ Up accent holder, and these two corduroy buttons were side-by-side and I thought, “That would be a cute lion head,” and voila! The stamp set came out and the hunt was on to find accents to fit a couple more animals and the rest, as they say, was history.

I LOVE THIS CARD!!!

Let me know if you love it too.


Recipe: Fox & Friends, Just Believe, and Smarty Pants stamp sets; Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White card stock; Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, and Crumb Cake classic ink; Versamark ink; Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, and Chocolate Chip stampin’ write marker; Perfect Accent – Pearls; corduroy buttons; large grommet; Boho Blossoms punch; Chocolate Chip wide striped ribbon; paper snips; Sticky Strip; mini glue dots; stampin’ dimentionals; Crop-o-dile; sponge.

2 comments:

  1. I love mr. lion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nichole ... great card and ... oh yes, I do love that ribbon scrunching ... it certainly packs a punch and adds that ever elusive "wow" factor .... well done!!!
    PS: Thank you for popping by my blog and for your lovely comments!!!

    ReplyDelete