Friday, September 16, 2011

Less is More


Here is my first example of inspiration in action. I love the simplicity of this card – the pops of purple against the white plane. Add in the perfect embossing and a beautiful card emerges. As far as the sentiment is concerned, I have seen this stenciling technique on several different projects around the “crafting circuit” and have wanted to give it a try. The heart was the perfect shape – I was thrilled how perfectly the sentiment fit (even the curve from the “v” follows the contour). I think it was the perfect way to add just a little more of the Sahara Sand pop of color.

Recipe: Well Scripted stamp set; Elegant Bouquet embossing folder; Sahara Sand, Concord Crush, Whisper White card stock; Heart, Three Hearts, and Itty Bitty Shapes punches; Jewels: Basic Pearls; sponge; mini glue dots.

1 comment: