Monday, September 19, 2011

What a Difference a Pearl Makes....


This is a hybrid card utilizing both digital imaging and “live” accents. The template of this card is not one which I would have put together on my own, but was “nudged” to try it by a fantastic card from my sister’s place. This card also gave me the opportunity to use a plethora of decorative pearls; though I love the pop which rhinestones bring, sometimes they are too sparkly for a card. In these circumstances, substituting a pearl for a rhinestone is the perfect solution.

I also layered some ribbon. Unfortunately, I don’t think it was very successful. How should I have done it? What would have worked better? Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts.


Recipe: Flower Fancy, Oval All, and vine (MDS) stamp sets, Old Olive, Night of Navy, and Whisper White card stock; Night of Navy and Old Olive ink; Small Oval punch; 1/2” Old Olive Satin and 1/8” Night of Navy Taffeta ribbon; Jewel Basics: Pearls; dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment