Thursday, October 06, 2011

Amazing, Awesome, Talented…You

This card is one of a kind, just as the woman for whom it was created.

This plan for this card was very simple: lots of flowers and lots of green. Utilizing a monochromatic green as the background of this card (matted with white and green to offset) left the wind open for a plethora of flower choices. Honestly, at this point I didn’t know what to do next – in what direction to proceed.

All I knew what I wanted flowers. I sorted through my paper and decided on five different possibilities for flowers. Still unaware of what flowers, what specific colors, or what design I wanted to use, I just started punching – punching flowers of different shapes, sizes, and colors. I shaped the pieces of paper flowers to give them dimension and added pearls to each center (thinking that those which I didn’t use for this project could be used on another). What do flowers need? Leaves. I used other punches to add leaves to each blossom; as I attached each leaf, I put the completed blossoms into a small pile off to the side (which just so happened to be on top of the green paper). When I finished the last one and tossed it into the pile, I looked over and saw the pile of flowers down the side of the green…I liked it. With a little manipulation and a fitting sentiment the card was complete.

I love it - fitting since I also love the woman for whom it was created.
Happy Retirement!



Recipe: Perfect Words stamp set; Old Olive, Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Concord Crush, Sahara Sand, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade, and Pool Party cardstock; Old Olive Designer Series Paper; Old Olive ink; Three Flower, Itty Bitty, Perfect Petal, and 1¼” Square punches; Basic Jewels: Pearls; mini glue dots.

No comments:

Post a Comment