Saturday, October 08, 2011

An Initial Attempt

First of all, I need to apologize for the image...I can't get it rotated upright.

For Card Club this month we were challenged to create a card using a template created by the operators over at Stampin 411. Since I knew how busy the forthcoming weeks were going to be, I jumped right on it. The template called for a square card with a large circle and some type of division across the center. I don’t know why, but knocking one inch of the long end of a card makes the plane so much more difficult to plan. I decided to make the circle front and center by finding the perfect section of patterned paper and rim it with some ruffled ribbon (I’ve only tried it a few times – maybe after a few times more I may be able to make it presentable); duplicating the ribbon and adding a coordinating bow followed naturally. So, now I had a frilly circle, a ribbon, and a bow on a blank piece of cardstock; well, that just wouldn’t do. One of the things I love about Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Paper is that each “series” comes in a pack; I pulled out the package again and saw so many various coordinating patterns which would have been excellent choices. However, my final decision wasn’t in the pack, it was in my scrap pile. I used more of the green and the reverse razzleberry pattern as well.

I thought it turned out well and I was going to use it. Unfortunately, after a few days, though I still liked it, I was inspired to create something different.

Stay tuned….

Recipe: Pocket Full of Posies DSP; Rich Razzelberry and Night of Navy cardstock; Rich Razzelberry polka-dot and 1/8” taffeta ribbon; 2¾” circle punch; dimentionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment