Saturday, October 15, 2011

Up, Up, and Away!

Another Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta has come and went…and what a beautiful sight it was – as always. The week started at a friend’s home with a front-row seat to the Mass Assencion (without the lines and crowds of the event itself). One couldn’t ask for a better way to see such a great sight: spending it with great people, enjoying fantastic conversation, and enjoying an amazing breakfast. Beautifu!



During the Fiesta, I was able to capture a photo right as the sun was poking up over the Sandia Mountains and I was inspired. Though I had already made a card for my Card Club’s challenge, an idea came to me:




I love this card. The card is just a white piece of paper with a hole cut from the front panel and then sponged with a plethora of different colors and then popped with hot air balloons…simple and lovely. I added a bit of thread as a throw-back to the ropes and strings used in ballooning.


At the end of the week I found myself at the office on an early Saturday morning. Usually I would not be happy to be there (and if I had a choice, I wouldn’t have been there that morning either), but being there gave me the opportunity to see the balloons again since my office is just a couple blocks from the Fiesta field.



All in all, it was a great Fiesta!


Recipe: Whisper White, Basic Black, and Poppy Parade cardstock; So Saffron, More Mustard, Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, and Not Quite Navy ink; linen thread; sponges.















1 comment: