Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mmmm…I love Chocolate Chip.

At first I was a bit leery, but turned out loving this card in the end. I took the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge to create a card using brown and turquoise. I wanted this card to make a statement, and I think I have achieved it. I love the way the slight turquoise edging sets off the various patterned brown paper. I think if I were to make this card again, I would use more saturated color for the center image (as opposed to the softer pastels) to coincide with the deep colors of the rest of the card. Let me know what you think.

Recipe: Flower Fancy stamp set, Chocolate Chip classic ink, Tempting Turquoise and Ultrasmooth White card stock, Chocolate Chip patterned paper, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa Stampin’ Pastels, spiral accents, and crystal effects.

4 comments:

  1. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous card Nichole, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Nichole. I love the flower and the dp.
    thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, wonderful sweet flower and love the papers.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete