Thursday, August 20, 2009

...That "new paper" smell.


At first, I wasn’t sure what (or if) I would post something new today, but I saw a layout challenge this morning and decided to go for it. After I got home I sat on the floor of my office looking at my vast array of paper trying to decide what to pick. Something glossy caught my eye: it was an unopened pack of Soft Suede paper (still had that “new paper” smell). I had to use it, so I ripped open the package, pulled out a sheet and wondered what would look nicely with it (being the first time I used this color, the combo had to be top notch). I looked through my brown/tan/ivory section…yes, I have sections…and found a piece of toile paper; the colors matched perfectly so I took it as a sign. One last element left…the pop of color. I looked over at my ribbons…yes, they are in their own section as well…thinking, “Moss…no; bash blue…no; navy…no; violet…perfect!” I put the card together and as I was about to tie a beautiful bow I realized that I did a bow/knot on my prior two cards (what can I say…I love ribbon); hardware to the rescue. I think it turned out pretty well. This is the first time I have made a card that didn’t open all the way; the only section that opens (flipping up after the hardware toggles are slid open) is the center violet section. I am going to save this card for a special occasion!

I used Lexicon of Love stamp set, Vintage Violet, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla card stock, Toile decorative paper, Soft Suede classic ink, Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware, Vintage Violet ribbon, and oval, scalloped oval, 2” circle, and 2 3/8” circle punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment