Tuesday, September 01, 2009

I hate bugs (and yes, I said HATE)

As I mentioned earlier, I try not to see myself as a girly-girl, but I have to admit that I hate bugs. That’s right, when those buggies slither, creep, or crawl near me I can’t stand it. I was bitten by some kind of insect when I was younger and was rushed to the ER for an allergic reaction and I haven’t recovered since (well, my dislike of them at least).

Although, like most things in life, I do have an exception: the lady bug. One can hardly group them in the same category as other bugs: they are cute, colorful, they don’t move very fast (which I like), and you cannot help but get excited when you see one, “Look! It’s a lady bug!”

So, for this week’s Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge I decided to pay homage to this non-bug bug for their Flights of Fancy challenge (anything with wings). Although (ok, so I am trying to branch out from my “so” usage) there are no wings per se on this card, there are lady bugs (abstract, but still they are there) and everyone knows that lady bugs have wings.

Anti-buggies (excluding Lady Bugs) Unite!

Recipe: Sketch It! stamp set, Garden Green, Basic Black, and Real Red card stock, Versamark ink, crystal clear embossing powder, ¼” and ½” square punches, ¼” circle punch, jumbo spotted brads, black wire, and black beads.