Friday, April 02, 2010

One Page Wonder Challenge: Day 3

Here we are again with more of my One Page Wonder cards. For this set of cards, I added one more color: pink (Regal Rose and Rose Red). If you know me at all you know that I am not a big “pink” person, but I used it here since it was part of the color scheme on the polka-dot side of my mystery paper.

I have made this card many times in the past; there is something about the blocking and the front panel and the layers and the cutting that just drives me crazy for it. This card is the only card in the OPWChallenge where I used both sides of the mystery paper: the polka-dot and the stripe. I was able to add some interest to the dark teal panel by layering on some smaller flowers with my Versamark ink. With all that is “happening” with this card, I love the way the light teal panel’s sparcity keeps it from being overwhelming. Don’t be surprised if you get a card from me which looks like this…I love it!

Recipe: With All My Heart and Flower Fancy stamp sets, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Soft Sky, and Taken with Teal classic ink, Versamark craft ink, Taken with Teal, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, mystery paper, Flirty Ribbon Originals, Chocolate Chic corduroy bottons, Boho Flowers punch, scissors, and dimensional spots.

How much is too much when it comes to spots? This card utilizes many of my favorite techniques: layering, dimension, ribbon, embossing, and (this last one is not really a technique) Circle Circus. I am not sure if this card “works” or not, but regardless of the result, there is something about it that makes me smile.

I am going to take a moment to digress for a little (so if you aren’t up for a story, then thanks for stopping by and hopefully you will come back tomorrow…no story tomorrow). This color combo (pink, teal, and white), though it is a bit drastic for my personal liking, is pretty dear to me. When I was in high school I had to complete a project for my business marketing class. In it, we needed to create a restaurant from the ground up (the building, the décor, the embiance, the food…you name it, we needed to think of it). I decided to create a 50’s style diner decorated in pink and teal neon (checkerboard floors, nostalgic memorabilia, car-hop type uniforms, shakes, burgers, etc.). When completed, I thought I had a pretty good concept for a successful business. Years later, I moved to Albuquerque and was invited to the Route 66 Diner with a group of friends – it was like a page out of the Twilight Zone: the Route 66 Diner was my restaurant. I was both shocked and delighted to know that this place had been around “forever” and that it was still highly successful. Anyway, I think of the Route 66 Diner and my class project each time I see this color combo…just thought I would share a little insight into my catty-wompus mind with you.

Recipe: Circle Circus and Whimsical Words stamp sets, Taken with Teal classic ink, Versamark craft ink, Regal Rose, Taken with Teal, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, mystery paper, Spotted Teal pattern paper, 1¼” 1½” and Scallop circle punches, Flirty Ribbon, Winter White embossing powder, heat tool, and dimensional spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment