Thursday, April 01, 2010

One Page Wonder Challenge: Day 2

So, stepping up my monochromatic card a notch, I added a color (it is actually two colors, but since one is a lighter shade of the other…I am counting them as one): teal – Taken with Teal and Soft Sky, to be exact. With these two cards, I wanted to show that you didn’t need many embellishments to make a beautiful card; on these, I didn’t use any (it was hard…real hard for me)…just paper and ink – and a whole lot of restraint.




I really like the way this card turned out. I wasn’t so sure that I would like it when I was conceptualizing it, but it is actually one of my favorites of all the cards made for this challenge. I kept it real simple: split-page design, tone-on-tone pattern (both in the mystery paper and in the teal paper), and put the greeting right in the center.

Recipe: Petal Prints and Heard from the Heart stamp sets, Taken with Teal and Close to Cocoa classic ink, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky, and Close to Cocoa card stock, and that mystery paper of which I don’t know the name.


Like the first card, I used only paper and ink in this card. I wanted to manipulate the striped paper to create a frame; I wanted to have the short ends of the stripes all around (instead of having two sides which show only a single stripe) and I wanted them to line up at the corners, so I mitered the corners and was pleasantly relieved when the fourth side lined up. I didn’t want to detract from the simplicity of the saying or the mat I made for it (since it did take a little bit of time), so I kept the layout pretty basic.

Recipe: Sidekick Sayings stamp set (All Natural stamp set for the envelope), Close to Cocoa and Taken with Teal classic ink, Taken with Teal, Close to Cocoa, and Soft Sky cardstock, the mystery paper, Blue Leopard patterned paper, sponges, and dimensional spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment