Saturday, April 03, 2010

One Page Wonder Challenge: Day 4

Not wanted to be too predictable, today’s card does not add another color – it substitutes yellow for pink. It is still so amazing to me how changing just one color can change the entire dynamic of a card/project.



Though I love the pink in the combo from previous cards, this yellow takes this card to a more mellow place. This card is a far cry from what I set-out to create when I started – partly because I was particular and partly because I was frugal. I made the center panel too short for my original plan (not by much, but by enough that it drove me crazy to see it “off” at all) and I did not want to redo it, so I set-out trying to redesign the card with this particular feature in mind. I like the way all of the different aspects of this card work together even though they are all so diverse.

Recipe: Oval All stamp set, Close to Cocoa and Taken with Teal classic ink, Close to Cocoa, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky, and So Saffron cardstock, mystery paper, leaf pattern paper, Sherbet Ribbon Originals, large oval punch, scallop oval punch, polka-dot embossing folder, sponges, and dimensional spots.

1 comment:

  1. really fun cards! Nichole! Loved visiting today, have a great weeks end! Hugs~Donna

    ReplyDelete