Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One Page Wonder Challenge

At Card Club in February we were given a single sheet of 12”x12” Stampin’ Up! Designer Series Paper. With it we were to create cards (however many was up to us) utilizing this paper. Here are the two sides of mine:

(I have no idea what this paper is called; I looked everywhere and cannot find it. If you know what it is, then please let me know…just for sanity’s sake. It has various brown stripes on one side and multi-colored polka dots on the other.)

I think “challenge” was an understatement; I wasn’t exactly sure what I was going to do. I decided that I would make as many cards as I could (since they will all be donated to the Ronald McDonald House for use by its residents). Over the next few days I will be sharing these various cards with you.

To begin, here is my monochromatic card: all browns:

I was able to work with the striped side of the paper and added a little bit of many different aspects: dry embossing, ribbon, heat embossing, and sponging (what would a project be without a little sponging, right?). I wanted to show that you don’t need to have every color in the rainbow to creative an intriguing card.

Recipe: Four Square stamp set, Close to Cocoa classic ink, Versamark craft ink, Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip card stock, Mystery Paper (I wish I knew the name of it…), square scallop punch, scissors, Flirty Ribbon Originals, sponges, and dimensional spots.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! when I saw the paper, my first thought was, 'what the heck'. But your card is great!

    ReplyDelete