Sunday, April 04, 2010

One Page Wonder Challenge: Day 5

Back to the norm: adding one more color. I decided to utilize all of the colors I had been using: teal, brown, pink, and yellow to create a couple more cards.

I got a Cuddle Bug for Christmas and am trying to “work it in” to various projects I create; I am not being very successful if you ask me. Honestly, I saw this card (or one similar to it) online and saved a copy of it to my “I need a little help” folder. I thought I would try to see if I could create a card at least as successful as that card. I think this turned out ok, but there is something I don’t really like about it – I am not sure what. I love the layered flowers (one of my favorite things to do) and the ribbon. I like the embossing folder and I like the spotted paper (this is the mystery paper), but I don’t know if I like the two of them together…. I think perhaps the stripe side of the paper would have worked better since it is monochromatic; what do you think?

Recipe: Taken with Teal classic ink, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky, and Regal Rose cardstock, mystery paper, flower/circle embossing folder, 5-point flower punch, Boho Flowers punch, Three Flowers punch, Flirty Ribbon Originals, Chocolate Chip mini library clip, Chocolate Chip corduroy brads, Neutrals buttons, and dimensional spots.

This card came out of necessity for me as opposed to guidance or challenge need. I thought I was just about finished with all of my cards for this One Page Wonder Challenge. I cleaned up my space, put away all my ink and tools, and laid out my cards. It wasn’t until that moment when I realized the “add one color” pattern I created. It was also not until that moment when I realized that I had an odd number…yes, this does bother me. This would just not do…I needed to make one more card, but how? I used just about all of my mystery paper. I dug through the trash and found a sliver of paper 2”x5½”…I had to find a way for this to work. The stripes were in the “wrong” direction, so I had to use the polka-dots. I wanted to use all of the color again and I wanted to use more stamping than I had previously.

It didn’t turn out too shabby, if you ask me. The flower is one of my favorites (it has been retired for years and years, but I cannot part with it…); I love using it in different colors to show it’s versatility…teal leaves…really? Overall, I like it; would I make it again? Probably some version of it, but not exactly.

Recipe: Daisy stamp set, So Saffron, More Mustard, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Soft Sky, Taken with Teal, and Close to Cocoa classic ink, Regal Rose, chocolate Chip, close to Cocoa, So Saffron, and Whisper White card stock, mystery paper, leave motif embossing folder, Neutrals buttons, and dimensional spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment