Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Magic


In our Year in Review we are officially up to date (I didn’t think we would make it). What does this mean? Well, now I can take some time and share some of my favorite techniques and projects (with some holidays mixed in as they come).

There is very little real magic in the world; I think this technique can almost qualify. What technique? The chalkboard technique! I can think of many ways in which to describe this, but I am going to stick with magic. Basically, one would stamp on one color of paper in Versamark ink and then use a sponge dauber to apply chalk to the stamped image; after completely covered, the excess chalk is wiped off. The color only sticks to the area with the ink…like magic.

This card is a navy base with the flower and leaf pattern applied and then ‘chalked-up’ with yellow, orange, brown, and green. The excess is removed, the paper is matted and added to the card and accented with stamps and ribbon, and viola…a card!

This technique is really so much fun. Click here to see how else I utilized this chalkboard technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment