Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Final Bedding Inspiration

So, I was recently told that I get my inspiration from the strangest places (thanks ladies…). Agreed – who would have thought that I would get inspiration from bedding sets? This is my last “inspired by bedding” card for you (well, for now…until I get a new catalog in about a week). This is my favorite of all; can you guess why?


For starters, I love the colors…or lack thereof…of black and white. The contrast is amazing and, as anyone who knows me can attest, seldom does a day go by when I am not sporting both black and white in my attire (…and have you seen my craft studio…hello…!). Another reason I love this card is the style: it is very, what I want to call, “punchy” with the layout and the color blocking. This is very much my signature. The final reason I like this card is because it brings together various patterned papers – oh, how I love a good pattern.

Do you have a favorite color combination?
Seriously, I think black/white runs my life: at my office, in my studio, on my clothing, everywhere!

Recipe: Thank You Kindly and Ornate Blossom stamp sets; Whisper White and Basic Black cardstock; white and black embossing powder; Versamark ink; Night and Day designer series paper; silver mirrored cardstock; 1¼ 1 ½ 1¾ circle punches; dimensionals.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know that was a stamp! I thought it was a cut out from your craft robo. That ink is amazing to get it so white against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Know I will copy it for some occaision card! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and white Ornate Blossom images are actually heat embossed - the picture didn't quite capture the detail I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete