Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pattern vs. Texture


This is always a struggle for me: should I use a patterned paper or should I add some texture; does anyone else have this dilemma?

This was amplified when I was looking through a catalog (click here to read about my experience with the catalog) and saw this Chenille bedding:


My first thought (in my attempt to transform this bedding into a card) was that it would make a wonderful monochromatic card: layers of paper with pops of the butterflies. So, I looked at my paper and though, “Which color should I pick?” After looking through all of them, I realized that yellow would be the perfect color (which is probably why they chose to highlight the yellow bedding in the catalog). I gathered up the supplies and then was faces with that same issue: do I use patterned paper to create the layered effect or do I emboss?
Since I couldn’t decide between the two, I chose to make one of each and see what you, my wonderful blog readers, thought. The card on the left is the patterned paper and the card on the right is the texture.

Which do you prefer: Pattern or Texture?

Recipe: So Saffron cardstock; So Saffron Designer Series Paper; vellum; So Saffron and More Mustard classic ink; Leafy Branch and Perfect Polka Dot embossing folders; Butterfly punch; Jewels: Basic Rhinestones; sponges; dimentionals.

1 comment:

  1. I always like the texture, it adds demension. Problem is remembering to use the Cuttlebug pieces Rachel made for me. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete