Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sources of Inspiration


About a year ago I purchased some bamboo curtain panels for my kitchen from an online store; ever since, I receive their bi-weekly catalog like clockwork. Typically, it gets tossed directly into the recycling. However, before repeating the process upon receiving it earlier in the week, I browsed through it (making sure there wasn’t anything new since two weeks ago) and realized that inspiration can come from anywhere…yes, even this catalog I get every two weeks.


This card was inspired by this bedding set (and yes, it is 40% off and comes in sage green and caramel as well):


I attempted to mimic the pleating on the left-side of the card panel, but it did not come together as I had hoped. Instead, I scored the cardstock in alternative directions and I like the overall effect (click on the image to get a better view of the detail). I also love the pink/brown/white color combination (each time I see it I am reminded of my brother-in-law’s wedding…it was gorgeous).

Lucky for you, I will be sharing more of my “annoying catalog” inspiration over the next few days. Come back and see.


Recipe: Simple Friendship stamp set (via My Digital Studio to customize the size/color); Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, and Whisper White cardstock; Itty Bitty Shapes punch; Jewels: Basic Pearls; Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write marker; mini glue dots; bone folder.

1 comment:

  1. I love this card! So simple yet so sophisticated. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete