Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Brief Departure


Even now, when I look at this card, I am pleased and surprised that I made it. I saw a sample of a card at my sister’s and enjoyed the layout and style of it; I decided that I would attempt to duplicate it.

The patterned pater is from the new package of designer series paper from Stampin’ Up! called Domestic Goddess. Initially, I was not interested in this set of paper, but after looking at the patterns more closely (and individually as opposed to as a set) I realized that they are quite lovely: a subtle marble pattern, a light plaid pattern, a delicate flower pattern, and more.

I picked my color palate (another departure for me) from these patterns. I also utilized My Digital Studio to alter the two stamp images to suite this project (in both size and color). Overall, I enjoy the outcome of this card. Particularly, it was my first chance at using the new ruffled ribbon – and it won’t be my last.



Recipe: Define Your Life (MDS) and Watercolor Trio (MDS) stamp sets; Pool Part, Whisper White, and Calypso Coral cardstock; Domestic Goddess DSP; 1/8” Corner Punch; Pool Part ruffled ribbon; dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment