Saturday, September 24, 2011

Mixing Patterns

Have you seen the not-so-new Take a Spin stamp set? I have an issue with this set: I love it but cannot figure out a good way to “use” it. I have only felt super successful once (when I used it as the center of a flower) and as you can see – this is not that time. Other than that one use, how else can these spinners be used in a way which doesn’t make them look odd or out of place?

What do I like about this card? Mixing patterns is one of my favorite things to do – polka dots, toile, floral, and geometric…I love them all. By sealing them all together with the Square Lattice embossing folder I think they make one cohesive element of on this card.


Recipe: Take a Spin stamp set; Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and Natural Confetti cardstock; 2 1/2?” Circle punch; metal spinner; Chocolate Chip DSP; jumbo eyelets; ¼” Ivory taffeta ribbon; Square Lattice embossing folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment