Monday, September 26, 2011

Kindness Knows No Bounds


After a couple not so successful attempts at a beautiful card, I feel that I finally hit one out of the park. One of my favorite techniques is tone-on-tone, and, even though this card uses several different colors, I think it is a good example.

Instead of using two different colors for the flowers, I used a technique which utilized the second “generation” of a stamp image. For the solid color in the flower, I inked the stamp and then stamped it onto a scratch piece of paper to get the dark image off the stamp and then, without re-inking it, stamped it again onto the white paper. This makes the color a lighter shade, yet the same hue. Then, then accent portion is stamped over the first directly from the ink pad. I love the look.

Some perfect patterned paper, offsetting mats, a few grounding stamps, and some appropriate coordinating buttons is all this card needed to take it over the top. I love it…and hope you do too.



Recipe: Build a Blossom and Heard from the Heart stamp set; Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Perfect Plum card stock; Greenhouse Gala DSP; So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Perfect Plum, and Lucky Limeade ink; size B clear block; Bitty Buttons; Blossoms Petals and Perfect Flower punches.

No comments:

Post a Comment