Tuesday, June 01, 2010

New Beginnings…

Can you believe it is already June? Wow, June 1st…the first of June….

I thought that, with it being the first of June, I would share with you one of my “firsts.” A friend of mine recently had a baby girl and (for the first time) I volunteered to make her baby announcements. I had never made/designed a baby announcement before nor had I made more than a few of the same card before, so I dove in head first not knowing what lay before me.

With my friend’s blessing, I am glad that I am able to share these with you (how awkward would that have been…?). All I knew was that she just had a baby girl named Sydney (and the particulars or course) and that I wanted the announcement to coordinate with the invite and thank you card from her shower:

Black, purple, and pink…I knew pretty quickly that this was going to be a challenge. Lucky for me I had an idea which had been stewing in my mind for some time: a waterfall card. Do you remember when I posted a few cards and had that idea? (Click here to read about my epiphany) Well, I knew it would be a perfect way to get the necessary information across and still maintain the “cute” factor. A little planning and not so little time later, the product was complete:


I love the way it came together. Even now, months later, I still love it. I know that it took some time, but while I was doing it I just kept thinking about my friend, her family, and her new daughter and how much I knew they would also love it…that helped the process move along. I am so happy that she trusted me enough to make these for her; she is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment