Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Arbor Day!

I feel that this has become a lost holiday. I don't do much to celebrat it, but I am going to take this opportunity to share a few tree-inspired cards.

I just love this stamp set; it is simple and basic, but it is relatable to so many different occasions. In this example, this set is used in a Spring setting with this bird and house. What else do I love about his card? Soft Suede...do you love it too? I think this is one of the better new colors that Stampin' Up! has introduced in a while. With this card I learned a new technique: stamping with bleach (the flowers on the back moss piece). I think it turned out rather nicely; click on the picture to learn more.


Here is another use for that same tree stamp; this time it is more of an early Spring or Fall setting. In this example, it is used in its bare form which I feel adds to the misty/foggy feel of this card. What else do I love about this card? Well, I am glad that you asked. The front panel of this card (the landscape scene) is a plain white pice of paper. That's right! Through sponging and the help of some carefully shaped stencils, this scene came to life. Click on the large picture to lean more about this exciting process. I have been tossing around the idea of putting together a tutorial on this card; if you are interested, then leave me a comment. If I get some interest, then I will create one.


My final tribute to Arbor Day comes in the form of a birthday card. I was inspired by a similar idea in the Stampin' Up! catalog, but pt a little "Nichole" twist on it. I utilized some colors which I felt matched the recipiant of this card as well as didn't make it too girly (which is good since it was for my brother-in-law). I used a hodgepodge of the Circle Circus stamps heat embossed with white on various colors and then punched with coordinating circles. A strategic tree trunk makes this tree "so freakin' cute' if I do say so myself (Suzanne, that's just for you). And to top it off, a creative fold and closure makes this card one of my favorites!
Happy Arbor Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Friend. I love love LOVE this card. Please teach me ;o) Love, Falisha

    ReplyDelete